Friday, October 12, 2012

Wednesday morning

Setting:  T is playing on the bed with baby B while we get ready for the day. It had been a long night for good old mom. B had her second front tooth come in and awoke various times. Then was awake to stay at around 5:45am.  Why oh why do teeth grow at night? I would much rather deal with an unhappy baby all day... Anywho I had just dragged myself into the shower and over heard this conversation...

Thomas : "dad I would like to have a boy baby"
Dad: Oh, we already have a baby
Thomas: "yes, but I want a baby boy"
Dad: "Oh"
Thomas: "For my birthday dad, a baby boy for my birthday"

Mom thoughts.. NOPE. I was thinking more along the lines of  a soccer net or a bucket of tennis balls from Costco.

At a tag sale a few weeks back T and I bought a 5 dollar child tennis racket. I love tag sales! T has been asking for weeks to go give it a try in a real court. Our neighborhood friends play and T watches them longingly. T and mom went and played tennis together this morning over at the Rec. center while P was at school. Mom has only played tennis a hand full of times in her life. So it was like the blind leading the blind as I tried to teach my sweet 5 year old how to play tennis this morning. He loved the game when he hit the ball ;-) He tried his best and swung that racket like a baseball bat. How do you hold a racket? Where should you stand? I am not sure, but we had a fun mommy, T time. Where was the baby you ask, sitting on the ground by the net trying to eat it while we played.