Friday, May 21, 2010

Tag sale

We had a fabulous morning. While running errands the kiddies and I stopped at a local tag sale.

Elsa loves tag sales, mostly I assume because she realizes she can usually get something ;-)

After perusing the goods we settled on a big bag of assorted beads, a bag of pipe cleaners to string them on & some water shoes for Elsa for the coming summer. We headed to check out, & I asked the lady what my total was.

She must have thought that we looked either cute or crazy because she said "Oh just give me a dollar."

The best part is that when we got home both Thomas and Elsa sat at the table for an hour looking over the beads and stringing them into bracelets & headbands, the room was silent except for Peter's bauble. Heaven!

Elsa then asked if she could wear her bright pink water shoes to preschool, "Sure" I said. She slipped them on, gathered the bracelets she had just made for her teachers and was the happiest 4 year old around.