My heart beat proud last Sunday when Elsa created her first recipe ;-)
I love to pour over recipe magazines in my spare time, so I was naturally excited to see Elsa excited about cooking. She wanted cook & create completely independent of me so she found things she could reach. Anything on the floor, table or Peter's high chair was fair game in her mind.
First she cut up 2 left over fruit snacks she found under the table, then she cracked open some pistachios and mix vigorously.
Thomas was the first taster, I was the second. It was actually good if you like to mix your sweet & salty & crunchy which I do. Every family member got a nibble hand fed to them.
Then she headed to Peter's high chair and found left over orange segments & pear bits, she mixed those in. Then she had to go out with Dad and the cooking came to a halt.
She was so proud & cute during the whole experience. Perhaps she will be cooking the family dinners sooner then I expected. I am cool with nuts & fruit & candy for dinner- bring it on ;-)