Thursday, December 10, 2009

The box

Yesterday we received a box of gifts in the mail from Nana & Pop pop. I quickly hid the gifts so they wouldn't be torn open and left the box out in plain sight for the kids to see when they woke up this morning.

The Box became a boat. Elsa and Thomas played pretend TOGETHER nicely for at least an hour. Popping the bubble wrap filled another hour. It was so heart warming to watch.

Funny story- Yesterday I was talking to my sister and she mentioned that one year at Christmas my parents ordered a new frig. She said one of her favorite Christmas memories is the hours she spent playing in that box with her older brother. I thought of her reflections as I watched Thomas & Elsa have so much fun this morning with an old box & bubble wrap.