Some funny things Bryn has said recently that Todd and I have laughed over and want to remember.
While we were walking to church last Sunday Bryn wanted to pick lemons and flowers from people yards along the way. I explained to her many times that we would need to knock on the doors and ask the owners first if we could pick their flowers and lemons. She thought about that and then said "mom I will pick some flowers at church." "I will ask God".
After watching us play a family game of scripture pictionary one night for FHE Bryn wanted to try her hand at it. She picked up a piece of chalk for the chalk board looked at me and said "mom I am going to draw God then you guess God.... ok?!" She drew a circle for God and had me guess over and over with each new circle she drew. It was almost always God. She would scream with delight every time I guessed right and tell me "good job"!! I felt so smart. So sweet.
While eating breakfast at the table one morning the older kids were
fighting over something. One child got their feelings hurt and was
sulking. Bryn looked at the hurt child and said "don't worry I will call
(the offending child) stupid for you!" She then screamed out "you
stupid!!" That was her way of giving comfort ;-) Of course I corrected
her behavior at the time and laughed over it later.
Peter doing the Mexican Hat dance at school for the 5th of May celebration! Kindergarten is just about over and it breaks my heart. I love the sweet innocents and joy in kindergarten. He has been blessed with an amazing teacher this year who has made learning a joy.
A rocket ship that Peter put together one Saturday morning with boxes, tape and junk from my recycling bin. He carefully colored it then sat in it for a rocket ride to the moon. He actually does not get dizzy after spinning for long minutes on the spinning toys at playgrounds and would do great in space ;-)