Sunday, January 12, 2014

finger knitting & boxes


The boys inside a box that was delivered after Christmas. Yes, I have towels hanging on the window. After a friend kicked a soccer ball into the window, bits of shattered glass were all over the old curtains. So I took those down and have been looking at drapery for weeks. Yesterday  I finally found some in the AS Is department in Ikea. 10 dollars. Love them, and the price.

Peter is always dreaming & planning. Today he told me he wants to ride on the back of a mail truck and ride a water slide this summer.  He still loves his Binnie Babies & will often take boxes from the recycling bin and form them into homes for his animals.


T- with the duck tape wallet. He carries around a gift card to Noah's bagel inside. He got the gift card from the root specialist this last week for being a good patient. She was testing his grown up front tooth, which he smashed a few days before. We paid 50 dollars to hear that the tooth is alive and well. It is wiggly but will firm back up over the next month. Such great news!




Bryn fell asleep on the couch sitting on her piano bench one night.  She screams for a good long time if you put her in her bed at night these days... so the other night I just let her fall asleep on the couch, watching cooking shows with me. So darling.




Elsa has been learning to finger knit. We looked on line yesterday looking at projects you can make with finger knitting. We found this cute head band with the flower. She quickly made a matching one for her friend. Then she made the strips for a scarf.  I finished putting it together this afternoon, you can see it in the last picture. We found this great thick yarn at a craft store yesterday and I like the way it looks.



Bryn wanted her picture taken since I was taking Elsa's.  Elsa put the Hello Kitty necklace on her this morning and she loves it. She is always feeling around her neck to make sure the necklace is out front and not lost in her shirt.