Monday, February 9, 2009

Putting the kids to work



I have hit a parenting milestone- I put my feet up and the kids do the cleaning!


I planned on mopping our house today. All the snow, salt & dirt tracked all over the house got to me! I had great intentions & even got so far as to take the mop out of hibernation. However after vacuuming the kitchen and front room I lost steam.

Thank goodness Thomas has boundless energy. He found the mop in the kitchen and dragged it around the house- thinking this was the best game yet! I had to take pictures.

Here he is mopping my room & mopping under Elsa's bed. He even "made" Elsa's bed. He will be a great husband some day ;-)

Check out Thomas's BLING. He loves to adorn himself.





After all that cleaning, Thomas wanted to read his books. So I put him in a chair next to Elsa and she "read" to him. He let her read an entire book to him!



Now I just need to teach them how to do their own laundry- and load the dishwasher ;-)